North Haven is a remarkable community with much to offer. The town is centrally located with easy access to the Interstate and Merritt Parkway. The friendly and growing community, top notch municipal services and the low tax rates make North Haven a great place to raise a family.
If you’re just visiting the lovely town of North Haven, don’t forget to visit our parks and festivals:
- The residents of North Haven enjoy nearly 200 acres of park land and other open space areas. Did you know that the town has 18 ball fields, 15 tennis and basketball courts, 7 playgrounds?
- Peter’s Rock – a trap rock peak well known for its scenic views, unique micro climate, rare plants and great hiking trails.
- Annual Fishing Derby – enjoy a morning of fishing with your family at Sinoway Pond! A great event for kids age 3-15 that will be awarded for first fish caught, largest fish caught and 1st person to catch 5 fish.
- Annual Memorial Day Parade is held at North Haven in May
- North Haven Fair – is held every year in September. It features local handmade crafts for sale, agricultural educational classes, bear garden and a lot o entertainment options for both children and adults.
- The Connecticut Renaissance Fair – old style non-stop entertainment, arts and crafts made by local artisans, a jousting tournament and feasting. A lot of fun for your entire family.
Economy & Education
North Haven has a growing commercial, retailing and manufacturing town. Many manufacturing and commercial companies located at five industrial parks around the city. Did you know that North Haven is the home of regional headquarters of Blue Cross and Blue Shield?
The economy of North Haven is also based on education. In this small town you will find several of Quinnipiac University’s graduate schools and one of the branches of Gateway Community College. Don’t forget the Yale University located just a short drive away.
Eye Care Services in North Haven, CT
At OmniVision Eye Associates, our optometrist Dr. Louis Hochberg has years of experience in eye care services for both children and adults. The proximity to Yale University and to Quinnipiac University gives our eye care specialist an opportunity to treat a lot of cases of computer vision syndrome and eye emergencies. When you spend long periods of time in front of the computer and/or feel that your vision is blurry, and your eyes feel sore or dry, don’t wait for tomorrow, call our eye care clinic for a consultation today!
Dr. Louis Hochberg recommends that patients visit our eye care clinic near North Haven at least once a year for a comprehensive eye exam. A thorough eye exam by a professional optometrist goes a long way. A routine eye exam takes approximately 30 minutes. During a standard comprehensive eye exam our Dr. Hochberg will use a wide variety of tests and procedures to examine your eyes. He will also take an image of your retina in order to detect even minor signs of eye diseases such as glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy.